Thursday, July 14, 2011

Alphabe-Thursday - M = Morgan Freeman and my Mission

Jenny Matlock

Hollywood is at the lake!

The Kids are home from school!

What's a Mom Blogger to do?

Well, you promise them ice cream and head to the lake.

I pull into the parking lot, and quickly scope the area for an accomplice. I notice a 20 something year old with big earrings, a walkie talkie and a headset (my guy!) and quickly roll down the window. Umm...do you have any Grey Poupon? Nah, I didn't say that. I list my credentials (mommy blogger, talking about movie, blah, blah) and ask if he knows when anyone will be around).

He walks over telling me he couldn't hear me and after swallowing hard, I repeat my spiel. He says, "Yeah? Cool! If you hang around a little bit, we are coming back from lunch, you should be able to catch Morgan getting back to set."

After thanking him and parking, I turn to the kids in the back. "Guys, I know you don't understand this and this is no big deal to you, but this is a really big deal for your town! A movie is being filmed here and I really need to get a photo for my blogs! We won't stay long, I promise."

They huff and puff but reluctantly get out of the car.

Walking with a super big camera and a kid on each hand I walk over and try to look like I belong. It's hard to look inconspicuous when there are three of you.

After 18 minutes the kids are complaining. It is like 105 in the sun and we are hot, and bored. I get it, I'm bored too. I can't expect them to understand, nor should I expect this of them. Like any good mom, I tell them it's time for ice cream and we head back to the car. It's a 2 second walk. I start my drive out of the parking lot and BAM (no not an accident), Morgan friggin Freeman, right there, pulling in. Ahhhggghhh is what I shout in the car as a colorful round of expletives run through my head.

I stop the car and like the paparazzi, grab my shot through the window, over the top of a car.....wait for it....wait for it....

BAM!


That's him....Morgan Freeman....
well, the back of his head anyway. I know, it's not much, (see title of post)


I also got the side of Kenan Thompson, who looks fabulous, by the way.

Other than that..I got to watch the food table for most of my 40 minutes (20 mins, two visits)

,
active in the morning
not so much in the afternoon
Hopefully, I will be able to accomplish this mission before Hollywood leaves Greenwood Lake, but if not, at least I have these photos and Summer At Dog Daves will eventually be out and I will be able to say, I was standing right there.

10 comments:

  1. I could listen to Morgan Freeman reading the phone book. Great voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! My kids have learned that there are many things we must do to get a photo for the blog! hahahaha!
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! You saw him and movie crews in action even if you didn't get the full front-on shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cool! Knoxville has gotten a little of the Hollyweird attraction over the years. Best of luck on grabbing the perfect shot of Morgan Freeman. The back of his head shot is better than no shot at all, though. :D

    Play Alphabe-Thursday tag. I enjoyed reading your “M” post today!
    Check out my recent posts….
    M is for Mermaid

    ~Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
    The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:47 PM

    Oh, how I love that voice. Call me when he reads the phone book!
    Thanks for a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you told them you needed the pictures for your blog. They should have let you get closer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Yes! That is him! I recognize the back of his head! So sorry you missed the perfect shot but at least you have something. As for all those phone book comments, I completely agree...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cool--I hope it will be a good movie. Usually, with Morgan Freeman in it, it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:26 PM

    I love him and I am so proud of you as a blogger and as a mommy. You did your best, but I know you have the determination to get a great photo. I forsee you and Morgan with big smiles here on your blog any day now. Fingers and toes crossed! HUGGLES!!!
    Lorie of The Shewbridges
    LJS65@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I love that you stuck it out! And a celebrity sighting is a celebrity sighting...even if it's just the back of his head!

    You should have, at least, raided the food tents to make up for the wait!

    Thanks for the smile. I enjoyed this visit.

    A+

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to talk to you further