Monday, August 30, 2010

Avocados are Not Just For Guacamole'



I am from NY. We do a lot of pizza here. In fact, Pizza is always our Friday meal. Soooo.....recently I decided to try something different. Avocado on pizza. I love it on sandwiches, burgers and in salads so why not try it on our favorite meal?

Here are pictures of my Breakfast Pizza starring the Mr. Avocado!
IMG_3611

We scrambled 6 eggs, add salt, pepper, oregano, basil
Then put the scrambled eggs on pizza crust (usually home made, this time, ready made)
A thin layer of shredded mozzarella
Then we cut red onion very finely and place that on top.
Bake for 8 minutes at 350
Take out and place, big pieces of sliced avocado.

The hardest part of this dish is making sure the slivers of avocados make it to the pizza! I love fresh avocado.

IMG_3615
We loved it because of the crispness of the crust and the creaminess of the egg and avocado. It is yummy!

We recently found out that the Mexican Hass Avocado Importers Association (MHAIA) is launching the "Big Hit" contest. The Avocado League recipe with the most votes during the "Big Hit" contest will win the title of Avocado League MVP and the grand slam prize ­ a $5,000 grocery gift card! Second and third place winners will receive a $2,500 and $1,500 grocery gift card, respectively. Each of the top three winners will also receive a year's supply of avocados! The five Avocado League runner-ups will each receive $100 grocery gift cards.

So, what do you think? Should I bother entering?

BTW..anyone can submit their avocado recipe and YOU just may be featured as an "all-star" recipe.

If you decided to enter. Let me know so I can vote for you.


“I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Mexican Hass Avocado Importers Association. Mom Central also sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.”

3 comments:

  1. You should enter--I think your breakfast pizza sounds good! I would eat avocado on just about anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not something I would eat, but I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:38 AM

    I love avocado with rice and hamburgers. Your dish sounds interesting. i would have loved to try some.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to talk to you further