Saturday, October 03, 2009

Seaside Letters, A Nantucket Love Story




Book Description

Their letters could lead to lasting love . . . or expose Sabrina’s mortifying secret.
Sabrina Kincaid didn’t intend to fall for Nantucket native Tucker McCabe, the man she serves coffee to every morning—a man tied to a past she deeply regrets. But she has. And she’s fallen hard.
But she’s kept this a secret from her handsome customer. And now Tucker wants to hire Sabrina to help locate his friend “Sweetpea”—the mysterious woman he’s falling in love with online. Sabrina is not inclined to help, but if Tucker hires someone else, it could spell disaster. Because if someone else sifted through the emails and figured out the truth—then Tucker would discover that the person he’s trying to find is . . . her.

First of all, Seaside Letters made me long for the crisp salty air of the shore. I haven't been to the ocean in over 12 years and I seriously need to see it.

Today I was on the couch for hours with a pulled neck muscle. The pain went from the center of my back all the way around to the left side of my neck. I sat on the couch with a heating pad unable to move my neck and read this book. What a great way to spend a rainy Saturday. I was in love with Seaside Letters from the first page. Sabrina "Sweetpea" and Tucker are so attracted to each other but they don't speak except through email. The tension between them is adorable and sexy. What I loved the most about this is how the writer was able to tie in a beautiful message of love and Christ without being losing the romantic feel of this sweet love story.

I haven't read a book like this before.  I love how the romance is sweet, fun, free, and innocent. I think this is a great read full or messages for the reader. There is a reading group guide at the end of the book that I found very interesting. I loved the questions and it really made me think about how I personally missed a message or two. As in life. We can all think back to a time where we didn't really see something until later, in retrospect. Reading the questions and answering them for myself made me realize how good this author really is. Denise Hunter is an amazing writer and I am excited to share her book and read her other work.
I review for Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers








If you have a chance, visit Denise Hunter's website here.

4 comments:

  1. Your description has made me interested in this book. I must read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know..I'm going to go pick it up. I'm hooked. Go here and enter this giveaway everyone.

    http://stacievaughansblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/ageless-anti-age-perfume-review.html

    dorcontest at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this sounds really interesting. I love romance books. So sorry to hear about your neck. Believe me, I KNOW how you feel. I know you don't like to take anything but some Advil will help a lot with the inflamation. You could also try some ice, I know it's not comfortable, and don't leave it on too long, keep it moving and only for about 15 minutes. Call me if you need anything. Luv ya!!

    P.S. dor... kind rude how you always leave a link to one of your giveaways on a comment... just saying

    ReplyDelete
  4. george ferris11:05 AM

    This sounds like an interesting book. Please enter me. Thank you.
    I am sorry about your neck. I hope you feel better soon.
    george ferris
    littlegeorgie56@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to talk to you further