Saturday, October 17, 2009

Currently Listening To: Five For Fighting + I Have An Autographed Copy for You

Superman by Five For Fighting was one of my favorite songs back in the day. I loved it!


The there was 100 Years which really showcases  John Ondrasik's voice.

Fast forward 5 years and there is a new album "Slice" with some incredible songs. John is a gifted songwriter who really speaks to your soul.
Slice
Note To The Unknown Soldier
Tuesday
Chances
This Dance
Above The Timberline
Transfer
Hope
Story Of Your Life
Love Can’t Change The Weather
Augie Nieto

In A Nutshell: While Slice is the title song of the album, Chances is the one getting the radio play and for good reason. Personally I loved Chances, Tuesday, Above the Timberline (love that falsetto), Story of Your Life and Augie Nieto. 

You will not be disappointed with this CD. Five For Fighting features, beautiful piano and intelligent, soulful, heartfelt, lyrics. FFF, John Ondrasik's voice is one of the best male voices out there and I have quite a few favorites.

Pre-Order Slice by FFF on Amazon.


FFF's tour dates:
22-Oct            Bay Shore, NY (Long Island)                 YMCA Boulton Center            
23-Oct            Uncasville, CT                                        The Wolf Den            
24-Oct            Washington, DC                                     Jammin Java            
26-Oct            Boston, MA                                           The Paradise            
27-Oct            Philadelphia, PA                                    World CafĂ© Live (downstairs)            
29-Oct            Nashville, TN                                         The Belcourt            
30-Oct            Chicago, IL                                            Lakeshore            
3-Nov             Salt Lake City, UT                                 The State Room             
5-Nov             Seattle, WA                                           Crocodile            
6-Nov             Portland, OR                                         Aladdin Theater            
10-Nov           San Francisco, CA                                 Swedish American Hall            
11-Nov           Los Angeles, CA                                    Largo at the Coronet 

As part of the One2One Network Campaign for Five For Fighting I am honored to be able to giveaway a signed copy of their newest CD Slide!

The Giveaway: A Signed Copy of Five For Fighting's CD "Slice"

How to Enter: Fill out the form below and answer this question. What is your favorite Five For Fighting song off of Slice? Listen here. There are 11 ways to enter this giveaway

Deadline: November 1, 2009 by Midnight

Do You Want More Entries? Please put each extra entry in a separate comment. You will get more entries that way.


* Blog about this contest and link back to me (provide the link in the comment) for two extra entries

*Add me to your blogroll and provide the link

*Follow John on Twitter

*Follow me on Twitter , Tweet this and leave the link.
RT-reesspace Win an Autographed Five For Fighting CD on Maria's Space-http://bit.ly/yIGfT
*Become a FFF fan on Facebook

*Become a fan of Maria's Space on Facebook

*Subscribe to Chotskies, my other blog

* Post my button on your sidebar



button


A winner will be chosen by Random.org and notified within 2 days. You will have 3 days to claim your prize or another winner will be chosen.

Disclaimer:  I received no payment to write this review. As part of the One2One Network, I was given a MP3 of the CD to try out for free to conduct my review. The words are all mine and I was not forced or asked to write anything you read here. In my opinion, a blogger review is the equivalent of me talking to my friends and family in my daily life, about a product I either love or don’t. All the opinions throughout my posts are strictly my own.

No comments: