Sunday, June 14, 2009

Just Cause It's Healthy Doesn't Mean It Has To Taste Bad!


Jake Bakes creates healthy, yummy, gluten, wheat, egg, dairy, peanut, tree nut, trans fat, FREE Snacks and treats.

When I spoke to Tiffanie and told her of my son's allergies she immediately sent me a ton of snacks to try out. Try out we did! My kids and I loved them. They especially loved the marshmallows and Carmel popcorn, something my son had never been able to try before. After noshing on the goods, I headed out to the preschool, library, Mom & Tot Group, and a local coffee shop to let everyone I ran into try Jake Bakes. I knew this was something special and I wanted to share it with the world.

There were plenty of ooohhhss and ahhhhsss as everyone swarmed me trying to grab a bite. My favorite review was in the parking lot of the kids preschool where some moms took the time to give me their remarks as we got rained on.
There was no a single person who said they didn't like something. There would be that one person who like one granola over the other and then the next person would like the opposite.

I had a chance to talk to one of the ladies over at Jake Bakes.

Tell us a little bit about yourself?

I am a mother of two wonderful children living in Northern New Jersey. My son Jake has life threatening allergies to Dairy, Egg, Peanuts and Tree Nuts.
How did you get started?
My friend and co-owner of jake bakes, Annie is a pastry chef who felt there must be better options available for people who have food allergies and dietary restrictions. She has developed all the jake bake treats with the goal of providing great tasting treats that are gluten/wheat-free, dairy-free, egg-free, peanut-free and tree nut-free that a person with or without food allergies/restrictions would enjoy. All of our treats are safe for a person with celiac disease and our cookies and granolas are vegan.
Where do you get your inspiration?
Annie loves to bake and I enjoy promoting jake bakes because we understand the need for delicious allergy friendly treats.

Personally my favorite item was the oatmeal raisin cookies. They were awesome. So moist and I love the texture. You can taste the brown sugar and the plump, juicy raisins.
The kids at Mom & Tot loved the Strawberry marshmallows. There was a little boy about 3 who just sat there going, "more, more, more" and another little boy in the library even after I had sealed the bags and put them in my tote, kept worming his way over to get more Carmel corn and marshmallows.

I am dying to do a S'more with a cappuccino marshmallow

All items are well priced and the best part is you know exactly what is in them. The grown ups who loved every product is one thing but for all the children 2 - 4 who ate the marshmallows, cookies, granola and corn yesterday, now that was the real sell for me. It's snacks that are good for them and that is important. When most snack foods are full of sugar, empty calories and trans fat Jake Bakes is a snack, you as a parent can stand behind.

I've had the granola for breakfast for the past three mornings and can't imagine getting bored of it.

Sorry you will hear my kids popping bubbles in the beginning of the video. They love bubbles!

So now let me tell you what the ladies over at Jake Bakes are doing for my readers. 1 Winner will receive their choice of a popcorn, a cookie, a marshmallow and a granola. Let me tell you, this is very generous! There stuff is excellent and already I know of 4 personal friends who tried my samples who will be ordering from Jake Bakes.

With 12 Ways to Win

Giveaway Directions: Head over to Jake Bakes and let me know which 4 products you would choose for yourself or your family. You must be a subscriber or a follower! (If this rule is not followed you will be disqualified). No P.O. boxes please.

Deadline: June 28, 2009 (midnight)

Do You Want More Entries?

1 Extra - Blog about this contest and link back to me (provide the link in the comment).

2 Extra - Favorite Jake Bakes on Etsy

4 Extra - Purchase from Jake Bakes and let me know so I can confirm with Jake Bakes

1 Extra - Add me to your blogroll

1 Extra - Follow me on Twitter

2 Extra - Tweet this and leave the URL link.

1 Extra- Post my button on your sidebar

button
A winner will be chosen by Random.org and notified within 2 days. You will have 3 days to claim your prize or another winner will be chosen.



2 comments:

  1. Perfect for my son! BTW, your kids sound adorable in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a subscriber these would be great for my kids the four we would pick would be double chocolate ginger cookies,chocolate chocolate chip cookies,strawberry,vanilla bean,marshmallows thanks eaglesforjack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete