Sunday, January 18, 2009

Saturday 9: The First Apartment



1. Where had you moved from? I moved from my grandma's house to my cousin's but I don't consider that the first apartment since it was a room in their home and I was a glorified babysitter. Myfirs apartment was moving from my cousin's to a two room apartment below another cousin's house. My cousin Carl was a little whacked. Too much drug use, too much alcohol, too many crazy friends I had no bathroom, I could use the outhouse by the pool or head up to his apartment to use his bathroom. It wasn't great but it was mine.

2. Describe your first apartment. There was two rooms. One was a kitchen and the other was a living room, bedroom. It was quite large room and the closet was a walk-in with 4 separate sections. I only used 2 because they were each the size of a regulation bathroom. There was a lot of hand-me-down furniture. It wasn't beautiful (I was young, in college and worked at Kmart with no family giving me money). Thankfully, I lived there rent free.

3. How old were you when you had your apartment? 17

4. Did you have roommates? If yes, tell us more. Nope just me and my hamsters.

5. What was your place of employment then? I worked at Kmart. I got the job because my boyfriend's mom was the human resource manager. She gave me the job but we couldn't work in the same Kmart.

6. How were you finances at the time? They sucked. As I said, I worked at Kmart and no one was helping.

7. Tell us about a lover who spent a night there. I was dating a guy named Frank. He was my first serious boyfriend. We were so young.

8. Tell us about a band you listen to then. (You can cheat. Look it up.) I listened to Bruce Springsteen and Motley Crue.

9. How long did you live there and why did you move from there? I lived there for a little less than a year. I moved out because my cousin and his friends made me nervous.

1. What commonly-used word in speech annoys you the most? When did you hear it last used? Yous. I absolutely cringe when I hear this. My husband was probably the last person to use it.

2. Which commonly-used word annoys you the most when you hear it mispronounced? What’s the most common mispronunciation you hear for this word? Oh I don't know...but I hate when people call me Marie. My name is Maria but I am only called that about 60% of the time. For some reason 3 syllables is just too difficult for some.

3. Which word(s) do you wish people would use more often? Please. I say it too much but not enough people say it at all.

5. Which internet expression or abbreviation do you use most often? OMG!

6. Which internet expression or abbreviation would you most like to see disappear forever? ROTFL. Is there really a need for this?

2 comments:

  1. Great Saturday 9. The room & babysitting sounds awful. It's good you got away from that. Have a great day, Maria...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bud, Thanks. It did suck. I loved them and they got me out of a bad situation so it was hard.

    I was in college, had a job and a boyfriend and they left notes around telling me I was disrespectful for not being there for them when they needed help. I was 17 years old and they wanted me to babysit on my only few hours of spare time. Come on!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to talk to you further