Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Pee-Pee on the Potty

Holy friggin crap, I am ready to jump on the roof. My kid pee-pee'd on the potty tonight. No, not the friggin 3.6 year old whose diapers I will be changing until his wife takes over the honor but it was my angel baby girl.

Last week I had this idea that since my kids want to copy each other, maybe if I started the girl on potty training the boy will follow. I sat her on the potty yesterday and the boy went crazy, he wanted to go too. He was doing everything to get in the bathroom. Umm maybe I am onto something I think to myself. Cocky yes, but I am hopeful. He sits for about 2.3 minutes, says all done ( he didn't) and he flushes and leaves. I try to follow but my daughter wants to stay. So we sit for another 15 minutes, I pull up her clothes and tell her good trying.

Tonight my son not feeling well goes to bed at 7:30. I head to the bathroom for a pee break. My daughter follows and sits on her potty. I go to leave the bathroom and she yells "potty." I allow her to sit there for another 10 minutes (never taking off her pj's or diaper because I thought she was just sitting for the sake of sitting). Getting bored sitting there, I head to the door. She yells, "potty." I pick her up and walk with her to the living room. I place her on the couch and she yells, "potty" and throws herself down, whining. I walk with her to the bathroom because I don't dare let her cry long enough to walk her brother (God forbid). As I enter the room I have a light bulb moment. Wait, maybe she really has to go. I remove her pj's and diaper. She sits and the next thing you know.... I hear it! Holy crap. In the highest voice I have ever uttered I scream "Are you peeing?" I am not even sure how she managed to continue the flow with my celebration going on but she did and I was so proud. I actually called her Godmother, my sister, her grandfather and my mother-in-law to tell them. I am sure they all think I am a freak but they should know that already.


Goddess, I am so proud of you baby girl. You shock and awe me everyday. You rock! Your strong will, and fierce spirit frustrate and impress me at the same time. My only regret is that your brother was not awake to tell him and your daddy was working.

I love you ladybug. Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to talk to you further